News:

This Forum is for the purpose of communication of cycling related issues. It is open to all with very few restrictions on content, but is moderated to some extent. Forum participants are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Main Menu

Long Roadies Saturday climbing ride (7/6) possible change

Started by Tony Jones, July 02, 2024, 05:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Jones

For those intending to join the long roadies Saturday ride.... it's projected to be 90 degrees in Escondido on Saturday.  I suggest we change to a cruise down the coast and a few faces of Soledad.  Please give me your feedback on this thought.  Thanks.  Tony Jones -- ride leader for Saturday 7/6.

MikeReese

Sounds like a good idea. No reason to get more "cooked" than we need to.

pshhome

Ironically, a few of us were talking about doing a 8x Soledad on July 4th.

Helen

Yes let's climb along the coast to Mt. Soledad 🤩

Btw has the club considered starting early like 6 or 7 am to avoid as much heat as possible especially climbing inland?

Tony Jones

Starting earlier is a good thought Helen.  We have done that in the past if memory serves.

Makes sense to me - just tell me a few is less than 6 or 7

Tony Jones

Rob Brown -- few is 3.5 to 4.  I've come up with a possible route that takes us through RSF early, down to Torrey Pines via 56 bike path,  Rose Canyon bikeway, a very interesting twisty Soledad route and back up the coast.  It starts at Stagecoach Park like last Saturday, thus not too far inland at the end of the ride when the heat will be intense.  I've ridden all these roads many times. I'll post it to NCCC website shortly.