NCCC pays for our members to be insured on club rides. This is one of the benefits included in your membership fee. Our insurer defines club rides as:
“A ride which is open to all club members, listed on our club web site in advance which has a ride leader who has been approved by the club board, and a defined route (Ride With GPS or text specifying approximate route and distance)”
In case of claims, our insurer asks for confirmation that the accident occurred on a club approved ride. So if your ride does not meet these criteria, the club insurance may not cover you.
Guests are also covered on their first NCCC ride provided they sign the NCCC Liability Waiver
Briefly, NCCC insurance coverage falls into two categories:
- Participant Accident which covers all active NCCC members while on NCCC club rides.
- General Liability which covers the club, the board of directors, and members and volunteers (including your ride leaders) who are participating in any club activity.
- Accident Medical Coverage: $10,000 per person per accident incurred on an NCCC ride, minus excess of a $500 per claim deductible and excess of any other valid and collectible insurance, so this is last in line behind NCCC members’ other accident and medical insurance.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment: $5,000 per person per accident
- Commercial general liability: $1,000,000 per occurrence
- General aggregate: $5,000,000 (applies on a per club / special event basis)
- Personal and advertising injury: $1,000,000
- Participant legal liability: INCLUDED
- Damage to rented property: $1,000,000
- Medical expense limit: EXCLUDED
- Sports equipment liability: $5,000
- Per claim deductible: $500
Reporting an Incident
Should you be involved in an incident on any ride, first notify your ride leader. To report the incident with our insurance carrier, go to:
You may wish to have your ride leader assist you with filling out the form.